Google & Facebook Marketing for YMCAs
Having a new website is great. "Build it and they will come,"
OK some people will come. But to really energize your site traffic, you need to learn how to Google and Facebook.
The first tool that you should learn to use is Google Analytics. Thrive builds in Google Analytics(GA) to every ySite. GA gives you a snap shot of the traffic that is coming to your ySite. GA will show you the number of visitors, how long they spend on your site and whether they are using a desktop or mobile device.
Another Google Product is Search, also know as Pay Per Click.
Here is the results from searching for a "Fitness Centers Los Angeles".
Note the YMCA of Los Angeles is no where to be found among the 61,800,000 search results returned in 0.51 seconds.
61 million pages have been returned for this search result. The odds of your YMCA being found in the free/organic results is... Well, one on 61 million. So Google offers a product called Pay Per Click which allows you to move above all the organic search results. It displays your ad at the top of the page (like the Free Pass for LA ad) and you are only charged if someone clicks on your ad and is taken to your website. No click, No Charge.
Pay Per Click Summary.
- You know that you are marketing to a qualified sales prospect because the only way they can see your ad is if they searched on your product or service.
- You are only charged if someone clicks on your ad and are taken to your website.
The yTeam at Thrive has a Digital Marketing Specialist that can manage this type of marketing campaign for you. If you would like to learn more, give us a call!
Facebook offers one of the most sophisticated consumer targeting platforms on the planet. With Facebook you can target consumers based on:
- Geography - Country, State, City, DMA, Zip Code and set a radius
- Demographics - Age, sex.relationship, education, income, home ownership, life events, parents
- Interests - like Diet & Nutrition, Gyms, Physical Exercise, Hobbies
- Behaviors like "recently purchased a home"
- You can also target individuals who "like" the Facebook page of another business (Planet Fitness? Fitness 4 All?) and to the friends of people who like a Facebook page
Facebook is another powerful way to get your message in front of pre-qualified prospects and they offer a Pay Per Click model similar to Google. You only pay if someone sees your ad and clicks on it, taking them to your new ySite! If you want to know more, give us a call and talk to a YMCA Digital Marketing Specialist.