Broadcast Email Power Users Only V2
Tuesday, April 12, 2016 | Jeff Davis
To: Broadcast Email Power Users Only V2
We have identified that you heavily utilize the Accrisoft Freedom Email Marketing module, and we want to be sure you know about some important changes that need to be made during the next 2 weeks.
Thrive is dedicated to providing you with an exceptional Email Marketing module for leveraging this powerful tactic. That’s why, a couple of years ago, The Thrive team worked with Accrisoft’s team to create an integration point with Mandrill to reduce your possibility of being blacklisted and increase your email delivery speed.
You currently are using Mandrill and have your own account. However, Mandrill has abruptly announced that they will be closing services on April 27th and merging with MailChimp. In order to continue to provide you with high performance sending, protection against blacklisting, increased delivery & speed, Freedom 11.2 has two solutions for you to choose from.
- Continue with Mandrill and merge to MailChimp, which will require you to set up a MailChimp account. However the price for MailChimp’s Mandrill solution has changed and is now as follows:
- $10 a month for MailChimp account
- Plus $20 per 25,000 emails sent
- Move to SparkPost.com for the similar price and service levels that Mandrill originally provided, using one of the following two SMTP (Not package options:
- Free Plan:
- Max of 100,000 emails sent each month.
- Max of 10,000 emails per day
- Can not go over 100,000
- Pro Plan:
- $24.99 per month for the first 100,000 emails
- $0.20 per thousand over 100,000
- No daily or monthly caps
SparkPost has industry-leading deliverability—nearly 98% inbox placement. Companies like PayPal, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Salesforce.com use SparkPost. We are Thrive are currently using Sparkpost ourselves now.
Either option, MailChimp Mandrill or SparkPost, will require you to make a DNS entry to verify domain name ownership. As part of Thrive’s commitment to excellence, we will walk you through each step and ensure that this transition is a smooth process.